The FLB Series is a manually operated line-blending machine that is capable of producing high quality bends in plastic sheet from standard materials up to 500mm wide for the FLB500 and up to 1000mm wide for the FLB1000.
Operating from a normal domestic electrical supply the FLB Series Line Bender is easy to use and devoid of any complicated controls. The machine is ideal for training applications where students are tasked to produce items in a range of materials and thicknesses.
It is robust enough to find uses in industry, particularly for display purposes e.g. menu holders, price holders and machine guards. Formech’s FLB Series comes complete with a dedicated cooling jig designed to maintain the desired angle of the heat bent plastic whilst cooling.
- Single Phase Power Requirements
- 208-240V, 250W, 13A
- Machine width
- 680mm / 28”
- Machine depth
- 330mm / 13”
- Machine height
- 175mm / 7”
- Net machine weight
- 8kg / 17lbs
- Heating width
- 500mm / 19,7”
- Heating element
- Material clamp
- Temperature regulator
Adjustable Back Fence
This allows the material to be placed in the exact position each time.
The width reducer can be used if you require a particularly sharp bend in thicker material or to create an accurate sharp bend in material of less than 1mm.
- TechShop Leroy Merlin (Maker Space – France)
- New York Institute of Technology (Education – USA)
- University of Plymouth (Education – UK)
- Humber College (Education – Canada)
- University of Nottingham (Education – UK)
- Google Inc. (Prototyping / Product development – USA)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Education – USA)
- Musée d’Art et d’Histoire (Museum / Art Galleries – Switzerland)
- Asian Art Museum (Museum / Art Galleries – USA)
- Southampton Solent University (Education – UK)
- INSA (Education – France)
“I have only fired up one machine so far, very fast warm up time, less than 5 minutes to bend 3 mm acrylic from cold, and once warm 1 minute to bend 3mm acrylic. Very impressed with heat guard over the element, great idea!”
John Newell, Department of Technology, Scotch College - Melbourne, Australia
Contact us to find out more information on the Line Bender 500 or call us on +1 608.424.2524